January 14, 2012

Just Wanted To Share This With You

Hello,

I know it's been awhile since I've posted but life has been chaotic around here with broken bones, illnesses and such. My little girl has been sick all week with a double ear infection, sinus infection, upper respiratory infection and a horrible cough. Poor baby. I think she MIGHT be turning the corner finally though. Her fevers come and go so it's been a wild ride this week with her. She is anxious to get back to school, so we're hoping that happens this next week sometime. I've had to put a lot of things (not complaining nor do I mind) on hold that certain people have hoped to have to them by today. I am sorry for this.

I've been thinking a lot of my mom lately, whom I miss so very much. You never know just how much you miss someone until they aren't there anymore. My mom was always there for us, no matter what. I love her and miss her so much. Sometimes when the kids are doing something that they shouldn't be doing, I can just see mom up in heaven snickering, like she did. At that point, I look up snicker too and tell her "it's not funny mom!" I just feel her with me. This morning, I was in the kitchen fixing the kids their breakfast. I remembered something that happened last year or so. It was in October of 2010 and I wasn't feeling well. I was laying on out patio furniture outside while the kids were playing. At one point, we were laying there looking at the clouds and telling each other what they looked at. The kids got tired of looking at clouds so they got up to go play. I was just laying there and when I looked up, I saw the most amazing thing I've ever seen. The clouds started forming and they formed into a heart. I was awe struck and couldn't move. At that point, I had thought of going to get my camera to take a picture, but something held me there. I couldn't move. I looked away at the kids and when I looked back and saw a cloud form into a resemblance of my moms face on top of the heart. I just laid there with a peace like none other, come over me. It was my mom on top of a heart. What this told me was that my mom with still with me and she loved me. I just couldn't bring myself to going in the house to get the camera because I was afraid it would be gone when I got back. I just wanted to be with my mom again for just a few moments. I felt her with me more at that moment, than I had felt her in the 5 months she had been gone. Mom, I love you and miss you so much.

1 comment:

  1. I was so touched by your post. My mom has been gone almost 8 years and I still miss her so much. Just yesterday one of my grandkids was being so cute and I just wanted to tell her about it...my hand actually reached for the phone. I don't think we ever get over missing our moms but in time the memories get sweeter and sweeter. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete