March 18, 2012

Speed Scrap at Scraps-N-Pieces, New Kit Release and more

Good Morning Everyone. I hope your weekend is going well. I am taking a day of rest today and I am wiped out from yesterday. We had my kids, my daughter-in-law and grand kids here for my grandson's birthday. The little ones had a wonderful time, running around, playing, laughing, squealing, breaking a pinata and oh yes, even blowing the whistles they got out of the pinata. Oh wow is all I can say about that one. LOL

Mom, even though I think of you and miss you a lot, I especially thought of you yesterday. I remember how you used to love being with your grand kids on their birthdays and remember seeing the joy it brought you. I remember the smiles on your face when looking at them and yes even the grimaces when you heard the loud noises. Your grand kids all love you and adore you. I know that you were looking down on us yesterday and was smiling in heaven. I know you were overjoyed at seeing your great grandchildren that you never got to meet, or remembering meeting. They are all precious and priceless jewels to me, each and everyone of them. I never knew being a grandparent would allow my heart to be filled with so much love and joy and now I understand fully how you felt with each and everyone one of them. I love you so much and miss you even more.

Now, I have some other things to share with you. As you may know, Karen Diamond Designs is having her Anniversary Celebration over at her blog here: http://www.karendiamonddesigns.com/my-blog/. There are some exciting things happening this week. One of them is a speed scrap she is doing at http://www.scraps-n-pieces.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?23-Speed-Scraps. If you aren't familiar with a speed scrap, what happens is the hostess gives you 7 instructions in an hour to make a layout. After that hour is up, the hostess then gives you a certain amount of time to complete that layout. Once you have finished it with in the allotted time frame and post it in the forum, you then receive a participation prize. Check it out. It's so much fun.

Here is some more information about it.
Speed Scrap on 3/20

Karen Diamond Designs has a Speed Scrap scheduled for March 20th at 2PM CST. This game will be played a little different this time around. During the steps of Speed Scrap, questions will be asked at random, and the first answer correctly will win something extra! But don’t worry, you will have THREE hours to complete your layout AFTER the session is complete allowing you to come to the chat room and play along and grab the steps and do them later! How cool is that?!? Prizes awarded will be All Occasion Stamps, Scallop Templates, Knock Out Styles, Journal Blenders Vol 2, Postage Stamp Frames, 2012 Calendar Grids (great for desktops) and Weird Borders. What a GREAT way to get MORE freebies AND have fun!?!!
 

Here is a preview of what the participation prize for the speed scrap will be. It's a mini kit of Karen's new release kit called A Glimpse Of Spring. This kit is gorgeous and full of beautiful papers and elements. 



Beautiful isn't it? I have yet some more news to share with you too. Karen also has another kit that just came out. Check this out.

New Release: Got Luck?
Think outside the GREEN! You will enjoy scrapping with this wonderful color scheme of earthy shades of green, blue and brown – perfect for enhancing photos of the Lucky Irish in your family yet versatile enough to scrap many other everyday photos!
 
 
Another beauty isn't it? I love the greens and blues and hints of gold.  There are so many things to do with this kit. Here is a layout I made for this kit. 
 
 
You can find Karen's kits for sale here: Right now, you can grab this kit at 40% OFF!!  What's even better is her entire store at scraps-n-pieces is on sale to celebrate her Anniversary.


Ok, this is it for me for this moment. I will be back soon with wonderful happenings for other designers as well. Have a wonderfully blessed day and remember to tell those you love how you feel with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment