November 15, 2011

So these past few weeks have been well, lets just say "different" Nothing I can put my finger on, so that's why I say "different".

I have another memory of my mom to share with y'all. Since the holidays are quickly approaching, I thought I'd share a Thanksgiving memory. My mom was a nurse at the local hospital where I used to live. Most holidays, mom had to work for whatever reason. Mom worked the night shift (what we called the grave yard shift). On those nights, she would get home early in the morning of the Thanksgiving, grab a few hours of sleep then get up and prepare the Thanksgiving meal. She was so tired and worn out, but I know she really didn't mind because she would have most of her children and grand children there to celebrate. I used to love helping her, because I got to be close to her for one and she taught me a lot about cooking. I used to watch her diligently making her pies from scratch, but do you think I ever got the hang of doing that? Nope!. I also remember that when she had pie crust scraps left, she would roll that out, put butter and sugar over it and bake it. It was something we sampled on while cooking. She was a great cook and we had some of the best conversations over cooking. I really LOVED helping her make her fruit salad, because I think we "sampled" more than making.

She made the holidays perfect in every sense. She would set the table up in accordance with whatever holiday we were celebrating. We always got the "good" china out, her fancy silverware, decorated the table with candles etc. She also loved sitting with her grand children. They were always very important to her. As the years went by, I learned from her hair dresser that she doted on not only her children, but her grand children as well. In my heart, I feel that she loved Thanksgiving so much because she knew that Christmas was just around the corner and she always loved being her with grand children and seeing the excitement in their eyes when they got to Grandpa and Grandma's house.

So now I get to share with you another beautiful kit by Erin of Edina's Designs Digitally and I have a freebie as well.

This is Erin's newest kit called, For My Boy. Here is the preview and some pages I made out of the kit.





http://digisisters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_24&products_id=358


Here are a few QP's if you would like them:



No comments:

Post a Comment