October 24, 2011

It's Been Awhile

So, it's been awhile since I've posted something. I have some layouts completed to share with you from 2 designers that I CT for. They surely design beautiful kits. Before I get to that, I'd like to share something with you, if you don't mind. I was sitting and thinking about my mom the other day, when I remembered something about her and since my blog is dedicated to her, I thought I'd share it with you.

I have many memories of her and treasure each of those memories. I was home for Thanksgiving about 4 or 5 years ago. Mom had been showing more signs of her Parkinson's taking hold. She was clearly upset because she was the one who usually cooked Thanksgiving dinner for all of us. She was the one who involved us to help her. She was the one who was happy when we were with her as a family. This particular year, I was making (or trying anyways) deviled eggs. The eggs weren't cooperating with me though. Any way, mom was trying her best to stay positive, but I could tell by the look on her face that she was wanting to help do something. I asked my dad if she could help me with mushing up the egg yolk for the eggs. Dad said she could do whatever she wanted as long as I didn't give her a knife. Mom and I snickered. We just thought it was funny the way he said it. Anyway, I asked mom if she wanted to help me with the yolks and when I did, her eyes lit up like she was a child in a toy store. I wheeled her chair around to the other side of the table and she went to town mushing up the yolks. The look on her face was and still is, priceless. She really felt useful. She really was happy because she was included in the cooking, if only just the mushing. I will never, as long as I live, forget that day. It brought tears to my eyes to see her so happy. She had always been independent but was, becoming increasingly dependent on others. I love you and miss you mom. You'll be in my heart, forever and for always.

Anyway, on to the layouts. These first set of layouts are what I made using kits by a wonderful designer, Sandrine at KapiScrap. This first set of layouts come from the beautiful kit, Tropical Holiday.




 Tropical Holiday's can be found at her website www.kapiscrap.com




This next set of layouts come from her kit ~ Halloween Stripes. Here is a preview of the kit as well as the layouts I made with them:






This next set is from her kit, Witches Brew.






You can find Witches Brew and Halloween Stripes at her website www.kapiscrap.com or at Scrapbook Max, here  http://www.scrapbookmax.com/digital-scrapbooking-kits/brands/Sandrine-Boarqueiro%252dVerdun.html



No comments:

Post a Comment